Kiss Counterlung Plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who makes the longer scrubber that fits the classics?

I also am not sure if drilling the bottom would be more effective, it would put the trap after the scrubber meaning it'll get the sorb wet. I know some other units are set up somewhat like this, but they usually have the counterlung down there too such as the sf2. It also wouldn't really reduce the need for the case.
Sorb doesnt need to stay that dry to basically work. Free water basically runs through it as its pretty much just crushed rock

Sorb doesnt need to stay that dry to basically work. Free water basically runs through it as its pretty much just crushed rock

Fair point, but I am still curious why the scrubber based OPV to drain would be beneficial over the counterlung based. Seems to work well for the units that have it (granted I haven't dove an sf2 or an rb80, simply going off anecdotes for those units), but not really any better than counterlung based drains.

Fair point, but I am still curious why the scrubber based OPV to drain would be beneficial over the counterlung based. Seems to work well for the units that have it (granted I haven't dove an sf2 or an rb80, simply going off anecdotes for those units), but not really any better than counterlung based drains.

Its not better than an exhale CL drain. Its better than no drain at all, sort of maybe. Not sure I would drill holes in a very expensive classic canister just to put a drain in the bottom. Especially since that's another leak point. I dive a kiss sidewinder with no drain, its fine. If you really want a CL drain, then you should really be picking a different unit in the first place IMO

Its not better than an exhale CL drain. Its better than no drain at all, sort of maybe. Not sure I would drill holes in a very expensive classic canister just to put a drain in the bottom. Especially since that's another leak point. I dive a kiss sidewinder with no drain, its fine. If you really want a CL drain, then you should really be picking a different unit in the first place IMO

I agree that the drilling a hole sounds a bit less effective to me and risks breaking the whole can. Will probably stick to the lung plugs as opposed to drilling.

I think I remember the UTD guys used to sell plugs for their fully manual version of the kiss.

I did try contacting the UTD guys (even though I have no interest in getting rid of the CMF) and they were unable to get me any.

I have been a KISS Classic diver since 2009. I've had great luck with my rebreather. If you really want counter-lung plugs, remove one of the stock pieces and take it to a machine shop that works with delrin. They should be able to make you parts. You might not want to tell them what you are doing with them. The stock counterlung bits are threaded and have an o-ring seal on them. As others have mentioned, it seems odd you are set on this modification, but whatever.

I have been a KISS Classic diver since 2009. I've had great luck with my rebreather. If you really want counter-lung plugs, remove one of the stock pieces and take it to a machine shop that works with delrin. They should be able to make you parts. You might not want to tell them what you are doing with them. The stock counterlung bits are threaded and have an o-ring seal on them. As others have mentioned, it seems odd you are set on this modification, but whatever.

Yup this or James' suggestion are my two top plans now. I'll probably try both. Thanks for your insight!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom