Kirby Morgan Superflow scuba regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weekender

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone use the Kirby Morgan Superflow scuba regulator? Things are slow at work and I was checking out the FFM's and noticed they sell a 1st and 2nd stage for scuba. I personally don't know anyone who has used it and would like to know how it compares to the more popular regs used. I'm guessing since it is used on their commercial setups it would make a nice reg. But I'm just guessing. Also, can anyone ballpark a price on it? I realize I can call a dealer and asked these questions but don't want to waste a salesmen's time since im really just curious and not in the market. I'm in sales and hate that.

weekender:
Just curious, does anyone use the Kirby Morgan Superflow scuba regulator? Things are slow at work and I was checking out the FFM's and noticed they sell a 1st and 2nd stage for scuba. I personally don't know anyone who has used it and would like to know how it compares to the more popular regs used. I'm guessing since it is used on their commercial setups it would make a nice reg. But I'm just guessing. Also, can anyone ballpark a price on it? I realize I can call a dealer and asked these questions but don't want to waste a salesmen's time since im really just curious and not in the market. I'm in sales and hate that.

Superflow first stage $200 retail

You can get the second stage regulator in plastic or metal $140 and $200, and a non-adjustable octo for $105 (retail)

weekender:
Abyss Diving did a setup using the KM Superflow and a Poseidon 1st, don't know why they didn't just use the KM DS-1. Kirby Morgan does make good breathing reliable regs

Bob3:
Add to the list of positive comments that you can buy the rebuild kits for both the Kirby & the Abyss version & you have to wonder why everybody isn't using the critters.

Very heavy when compared to the new plastic second stages out there. Plus the dial a breath scares the un trained and freeflow can scare the fish.

rmediver2002:
Superflow first stage $200 retail

You can get the second stage regulator in plastic or metal $140 and $200, and a non-adjustable octo for $105 (retail)

WHERE can you get the adjustable ones for $140 (plastic) or $200 (metal)? Abyss' retail on those is over $200 and $300, respectively!

I'd buy a few but not at those prices.

Genesis:
WHERE can you get the adjustable ones for $140 (plastic) or $200 (metal)? Abyss' retail on those is over $200 and $300, respectively!

I'd buy a few but not at those prices.

http://www.divingsystems.com/dealer/us.html

Try High-Tech diving in Florida, that is who I go through most of the time. The prices I posted are the KMDSI suggested retail price...

Jeff Lane

You might also want to try:

www.covci.com

That's where I bought my Abyss explorer (combo of Poseidon 1st stage and Kirby-Morgan Superflow 2nd stage). Superb piece of equipment, very reasonable prices, and Chris at COVCI has been great to deal with. You can also reach him through Scuba Board with the username COVCI.

Take care,

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom