Kings beach weight loss program.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
Last night, Sunday 8/20/17 My buddy Mike and I were diving at King's beach in Newport. Conditions had been really good so we decided to stay late for a night dive. About 2/3 of the way through the dive Mike and I surfaced to confer about a mushroom anchor we had come across at a depth of about 30 fsw and about our exact location relative to the exit. After taking a new compass heading (we were too far East for where we wanted to and the anchor would be to big a PIA to bring along. When I returned to depth on this new heading, I found myself bumping along the bottom. When I tried to add air to my BCD I heard a disconcerting roar of bubbles behind my left ear. My BCD was not holding any air. Mike was down to less than 1,000 psi. I was still at 2,000. But with a steel 120 I was still very negative. We surfaced and I said we need to head in and I transferred my two weight pouches to Mike to carry in because I was too negative. we landed on one of the rocks just south of the exit point mistaking it for the rocks east of the cove in the dark. Long story short.... we left the two pouches with 4 or 5 lbs of lead each on the rocks by accident. If anyone is out there in the next couple of days and wants to grab them, let me know and we will set up a swap.

FWIW, It looks like the spring on the shoulder dump failed and air would go in and then immediately bleed out. Even more fun in pitch dark.

You must be up to around 25lbs of lead left at Kings beach! Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom