Killer Whales Swim Into Monterey Harbor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say that would be an amazing thing to see first hand.

I've seen Orcas at the Breakwater, off Monastery,off Lobos and at three-two-five. Not that unusual

Maybe not unusual, but still cool as heck. Whales migrate thru twice a year, and I still appreciate every encounter. Same goes for dolphin pods. I have yet to be up close and personal with an Orca.

Thanks for sharing the link :)

Maybe not unusual, but still cool as heck. Whales migrate thru twice a year, and I still appreciate every encounter. Same goes for dolphin pods. I have yet to be up close and personal with an Orca.

Thanks for sharing the link :)

There was a place called Marine World......

I mostly enjoy riding Orcas.....

seaworld.jpg

I've seen Orcas at the Breakwater, off Monastery,off Lobos and at three-two-five. Not that unusual

Your diving in the area long pre-dates mine and maybe they used to be more common, but in 4.5 years of diving in Monterey, that's the first report of Orcas I've seen or heard anywhere in the area. It's unusual enough that I'd expect to hear about it. There have been a couple of occasions where whales (not Orcas) have been seen at BW, and we see dolphins relatively often.

Guy

I have to say that was a couple of decades ago, but I'm glad to hear that they're back. Nice video too, makes me homesick.

Back
Top Bottom