Closed Kidde 4.2cfm Compressor-ready to use

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Kidde 4.2cfm compressor for sale. I assembled this in 2011, with the assistance of Jim Shelden, and have been the only user.
It is mounted in an 80/20 frame. Powered by 3HP Leeson Electric motor and runs on a 220V single phase outlet. You could change the plug and run it on a 50Amp RV outlet for mobile fills at an appropriately equipped campground.
It has an American Bristol filter housing with a new Lawrence Factor X26242 element and a brand new PMV. The moisture separator is manual.
I will include several of the parts needed to build a Nitrox Stick if you decide you’d like to fill Nitrox, and one DIN fill whip with a yoke adapter.
I don’t know how many hours are on it, but I’d guess 100, not 1000. I’ve never filled higher than 3500psi. The max pressure needle on the gauge moves with vibration while the compressor runs, so I understand if you feel the photos show otherwise. I have 25 tanks and none of them are high pressure.
I have very little interest in shipping this. I’m in La Crosse, WI.
I’m replacing this compressor with a Bauer, but it works great.
Asking $2000[/ATTACH]
IMG_8453.JPG
IMG_8454.JPG
IMG_8452.jpg
IMG_8457.JPG
IMG_8456.JPG

If you decide you must have this, and want to pay for shipping, it seems that around $350 will get it carrier to carrier. I could also be convinced to meet you someplace where there is diving. Cave diving in Missouri sounds nice, as does a Great Lakes wreck dive. I'd also meet you where there is not diving, but diving would make it better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom