Khun Charn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just heard that Khun Charn, one of the owners and the manager of M/V Koon and Scubanet has passed away. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

I didn’t know Khun Charn very well at all but have been on Koon many times and had the pleasure of diving with Khun Charn on a few occasions. One memorable dive was at Hin Daeng on 23rd October 2004—we hit the water and almost right away a manta appeared. I shot a short video clip of Khun Charn (wearing his distinctive white Mares fins) swimming with the manta and have attached a captured pic from that clip below. Khun Charn was a nice guy and will be greatly missed.

Vie:
Just heard that Khun Charn, one of the owners and the manager of M/V Koon and Scubanet has passed away. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

my buddies and i are frequent and still regular guest on Koon, although i never met khun charn personally but there is always a great sadness that someone you know pass away, as i recall being on koon most guest on that boat are mostly thai nationals if not all, communicate with the crew is a bit challenge for me, but luckily my buddies are native thai's, anyway, perhaps someday we'll see each other on koon, have a great day.

Tommer

Back
Top Bottom