Khao Sok National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiemac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
we've just got back from a short trip to Khao Sok.

the cave diving is pretty well known , i think, there's videos on You-Tube etc, but I wondered if anybody had done any deep diving there?

the maximum depth we found was 90m, and there's a village in 50-60m

any info regarding conditions/locations welcome

Jamie

MV Trident

we've just got back from a short trip to Khao Sok.

the cave diving is pretty well known , i think, there's videos on You-Tube etc, but I wondered if anybody had done any deep diving there?

the maximum depth we found was 90m, and there's a village in 50-60m

any info regarding conditions/locations welcome

Jamie

MV Trident

I'll bet if you buy some Heinekens for some of those longtail drivers you could find out. I heard they found some of the cave entrances because they were hot spots for catching catfish.

Not nearly as many as in Phuket!

Oops, wrong thread.

I think it's time for someone to start a dedicated Katoey thread.
I think that someone should either be you, Limbo, or your Gulf-pal Jamie.

:D

I'll bet if you buy some Heinekens for some of those longtail drivers you could find out. I heard they found some of the cave entrances because they were hot spots for catching catfish.

that works for the caves , and we did see some big catfish, but pinpointing the temple is going to be harder. i don't suppose anyone thought 25 yrs ago anybody would be interested in the exact location. we'll try next time with a better sounder.

hopefully the local ladyboys sucessfully fled to Phukey before their village was flooded,

jamie

That video is here YouTube - Cave Diving Temple Cave Khao Sok Thailand 2008 .

Taken by Erik when he was part of Big Blue Tech in Khao Lak. (remember the indepth scandy guy on the liveaboard with us)

There's quite a lot of footage about Khao Sok on You Tube but i only found Eriks' when it came to diving it.

Was that the same cave you boys checked out?

I have a map of a village with a hotel. buddha temple, school at 120 meter depth in on of the lakes north of Bangkok. Makes for a great day of diving at 120 meters swiming around trees and everything. We rented a raft and a longtail to pull us out over the area to locate the village.
I have a professionally edited movie of the cave in Koh Sok that was taken a few years ago. If I could ever figure out how to get it on you tube I could post in on this site.

andibk

I have a map of a village with a hotel. buddha temple, school at 120 meter depth in on of the lakes north of Bangkok. Makes for a great day of diving at 120 meters swiming around trees and everything. We rented a raft and a longtail to pull us out over the area to locate the village.
I have a professionally edited movie of the cave in Koh Sok that was taken a few years ago. If I could ever figure out how to get it on you tube I could post in on this site.

andibk

that's just what I need but for Khao Sok, i'll ask around next time we're there

Jamie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom