Khao Lak DM Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almchenry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all!! Hope you are having a fantastic diving day!

I'm currently in the process of narrowing down dive companies to do my DM internship. The requirements: at least 3 months (I would love more) and in Khao Lak (I'd be willing to relocate for the same vibe and on the west side).

I've contacted a few companies and most of them don't offer that kind of a lengthy stay. I'm hoping that I've overlooked some and that the possibility is still open.

Knowing that all of you are Thai dive experts, do you happen to know of any that offer that kind of internship? I really appreciate all the advice and heads up!

Thanks!

I'm a little surprised you can't find a Khao Lak dive centre that will do a 3 month internship for you.

I suppose a big question is whether you are looking to "pay" for your internship by the fact you are helping out for the time you are there. If that is the case then 3 months is probably not long enough. There is perhaps the additional factor that since tourism is down that a lot of dive centres will only take on core staff and not need trainees around to do labouring.

If you are going to pay for your DM course then you can certainly do it in a month and there is a fair chance that the dive centre may let you carry on helping them out afterwards.

If you have a marine biology degree then we will take you. We are on the west coast but the island that we are on definitely does not have the same vibe as Khao Lak. It has more of a Moken vibe.

Koh Phra Thong DM Internship

I must hasten to add that you should be aware that working in Thailand without a work permit is illegal and I am not condoning this behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom