Khao Lak Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitannia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

Any recommendations on a dive shop in Khao Lak? I'm not doing a liveaboard and just looking at doing a day trip to Similan islands. Has anyone had any experiences with Kon-tiki Khao Lak? I haven't found any reviews on this shop.

Just looking on the PADI site, and there seems to be only 5 in the area.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. :D

Hi there,

there are many dive shops up here, but also many that book on the boats of other companies. The advantage of companies like Kon-Tiki (or Oktavia Dive Center :wink: ) is that we work with a few different boats. This means we can tailor-make the daytrips to fit your comfort and experience level - rather than fitting your dives into a fixed schedule.

Kon-Tiki is a great op, and Hans (the manager) is both friendly and helpful. They will give you good service, for sure

Happy diving
Karin :D

Well, I can say that in the several years I've worked with Aquamarin/Karin, she's never "dropped the ball," so you can count on her, (just as you can count on me, even though I'm not physically located in Khao Lak--I'm "virtually" there).

Hi there

We have done daytrips from Khao Lak on several occasions with Similan Diving Safaris , who were excellent. You leave about 8 , after breakkie at the dive centre. You do the first dive at about 9 45 , then have lunch on the beach and do a second dive , getting back to Khao Lak at about 4 . The speedboat is fab and the crew really nice. The gear was brand new and the dive groups very small. Would highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom