Key West, FL Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What ever you do do not use Southernmost Divers. They are horrible. Lied to me and had me drive two hours to tell me the boat was broke. The boat is in horrible condition and is not set up for diving. I would recommend Bonsai diving. Fast boat with max of six divers. They do reefs and wrecks. Dive with you on the first dive, no charge. They also take free pics. May be a little more then the large business but very good service.

Just a heads up that the Superboad races are held there Nov. 8-14. I know because I will be there then and will be attending.
ZDD

We'll be there in October, staying at the Reach Resort. Any advice about the dive shop onsite there? (Barefoot Billy's)

+1 for Bonsai Divers

I dive with them everytime I am on the island and I have never been disappointed. Captain Peter is very nice to work with and will go out of his way to make sure you have a good experience.

Bonsai is a good crew with small groups. If you dont mind a high pax boat, go with Captains Corner. Dive Key West is a good shop for reef dives, but they require you to dive with a guide on the wrecks. Also, dont fill your tanks there, Got a load of water from their fill station a couple months ago...and of course they claim that it wasnt from them.

Thanks for the information!!!

I have dived with Keys Scuba Shack and was satisfied with them. Very laid back, tons of free parking, boat crews were very helpful. We did a double dip on the Vandenberg and had plenty of time, no rush, come back with 500 lbs.

Lost Reef has great service and full tanks. Some places do not fill to at least 3000 and want you onboard with 1000 left

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom