Key Lime Pie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try this one. I got it some time ago off epicurious.com, and I had good luck with it.

For crust
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (2 1/4-inch by 4 3/4-inch) crackers
2 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

For filling
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh or bottled Key lime juice (you should be able to find this at good good stores -- if not just use lime juice)

For topping
3/4 cup chilled heavy cream
preparation
Make crust:
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch (4-cup) glass pie plate.

Bake crust in middle of oven 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.

Make filling and bake pie:
Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and whisk until combined well (mixture will thicken slightly).

Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.

Make topping:
Just before serving, beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream.

stop this girly nonsense!

this is ScubaBoard, a Manly Board for a Manly Sport!

Hey, I ain't no man...and I love Scuba! So Thhhhbbbbtttt to you! :p

:wink:

Try my key lime pie and you won't be complainin'. :D

H2Andy:
stop this girly nonsense!

this is ScubaBoard, a Manly Board for a Manly Sport!
ohh boy, I picked up a habit for Key Lime Pie while I was in the Keys. It seriously took my about 2 months to shake it! Of course, I never actually made one myself. :wink:

Mine is pretty simple -- I just mix limeade (concentrate) with a touch of lime juice and Cool Whip and just spread the mixture into a graham cracker crust (bought).

Us men cook too - not always on the grill either. Thanks for the recipie, I'll add my own twist to the topping! Even if I've had a really crummy day at work, succeeding at cooking something tasty can really lift my spirits at the end of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom