Key largo trip mid April 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good afternoon.
My wife and I are going to key largo in mid-April for an extended week trip. We’ve been, but it’s been years for us since we went to KL.
I was curious to know which operators are operating that are suggestible to an advanced diver. I’d read that some boats only go out now if the entire boat is rented.
Not a fan of party boats, and enjoy a dive operation who is ok with guest using pony bottles/going semi solo and decent ( 1 hour) dive times.
Well be staying at keys palms RV resort, which looks to be next to amoray resort.
Thanks!

I highly recommend Horizon Divers as they are well versed in technical diving. As for your going solo and having an hour BT, you'll have to square that with any operation.

I highly recommend Horizon Divers as they are well versed in technical diving. As for your going solo and having an hour BT, you'll have to square that with any operation.
Thanks. I’ll give them a call!

Thanks. I’ll give them a call!

I second Horizon, I dove them last March and they were great. One boat I was on had everything from open water students to a couple guys on rebreathers. I am sure they will accommodate you.

Horizon seems like a good fit for you. Good guys - good dives.

Thanks everyone! Do you guys know if horizon has smaller boats, or the standard “keys cattle boat setup?”

When I went they had three and were running two. One was a bit larger and one was a small six pack. Depended how many they had going out what they sent. It was off season, I’d imagine in busy times they send them all out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom