Key Largo: Found - Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it's a little late for the person who lost their computer but this may help others. Put your name on your computer and camera. I own a Shearwater which allows you to add your name and other information to the screen. Before that, I put a dog tag (available from e-bay or the pet shop) on my computer with name and phone number, e-mail.

I've met people that do this, put their name and email on their gear. I've always thought "wow, that's a great idea! I need to do that!"

Still haven't done it...

OK, so now I have taken a look at the memory log in the computer. The last dive started at 10.48hr on the morning of the 28th, I found it with 301 min. dive time at 15.50hr. He/she did a dive earlier that morning to 100ft, so possibly on The Spiegel Grove.

The diver also engraved his/her initials on the side of the computer.

Still looking for whoever lost it.

Nick.

Or simply Dive with Pedro from Blue XT Sea. I dropped my camera in about 80 feet of water with a lot of rocks and coral etc and he found it.

I've found my friend's Maui Jim sunglasses when they fell off the boat the day before and another buddy's dive light that had been lost for two weeks.

Last edited:
I've met people that do this, put their name and email on their gear. I've always thought "wow, that's a great idea! I need to do that!"

Still haven't done it...

I'm going to put my dog tag back on my computer. If the battery loses power, my name on the screen wouldn't show up until another battery put back in it.

Back
Top Bottom