Key Largo dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy in NC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have always used Quiescence out of Key largo.
Great dive op, wonderful people, small boats however they are only doing private charters at 449 plus tanks and weights for half a day.

Had two trips that cancelled this year due to Covid and need to get wet.

Can anyone give recommendations on other dive ops in Key Largo?

Would consider other locations in keys however have always dove out of Key largo so know the area and am comfortable with it

Thanks

Would be interested in any reports from that area if you do go, more so in the way of accommodations and dining. I'm sure the diving will be pretty decent, if a bit more pricey.

Yeah, it all depends on party size
We are a party of two divers, so 450 plus tanks for two divers vs 140ish tanks included

Would be interested in any reports from that area if you do go, more so in the way of accommodations and dining. I'm sure the diving will be pretty decent, if a bit more pricey.

Thanks JCP2,

Just called Conch Republic, they are up and running with regular pricing

My family was there 6/5-6/7 (got blown out of our dives, however). It was a mixed bag of social distancing. All of the retail places we went into strongly recommended or required masks. The restaurants we went to encouraged them but seemed to be less sticklers for the obvious reason of eating and needing access to the pie hole. I will also say that the restaurants on average were fairly full. One restaurant even sang a happy birthday song to a guest. So lots of hot air expelled for that, which seemed mildly off but didn't really bother me.

We did briefly visit Quiescence to rinse gear from a dive the day before we got to KL. We also visited Diver Direct and a marine thrift store. Buffs were the norm at these more outdoorsy places. Regular masks were more the norm at restaurants and generic retail. The one convenience store I went to had no fountain drinks. They didn't want folks touching all of the straws, lids etc. So only bottled drinks. All staff at all commercial locations wore masks.

Out hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott was well below capacity.

Granted the keys had only been open a few days at that point so some of the kinks may have still been being worked out for everyone involved.

I just returned from a dive trip to Key Largo with Conch Republic and will probably post a full report in the next few days.

A few quick notes:

Conch Republic is only running 50% capacity on their big boat, so it didn't feel crowded to me, but I wasn't overly worried to begin with in regards to COVID.

The restaurants I went in required a mask unless you were seated at your table.

I stayed at Atlantic Bay Resort and they were doing limited house keeping and a mask was required to go in the office.

Flying right now is great, airports are empty, planes are empty, lowest stress travel I've experienced in a while.

The diving was great!

I have an afternoon trip booked with Horizon Divers on July 12th. Double Dip on the Spiegel Grove. First time diving with them but I have heard good things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom