Key Largo Conditions. Anyone?, Bueller?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

empyre180

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!
Does anyone have an idea of the conditions I might expect in Key Largo this weekend (July 24/25)? I'm supposed to be doing my AOW dives, out of Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort, under the excellent tutelage of Bill Dent and Ben Meister of USF. We'll (hopefully) be diving the Duane, some reef action, and the Benwood for our night dive. It's quite the deluge here in Tampa, as has been the trend of late. I checked weather.com and it looks like scattered T-Storms Sat. and Sun. in Key Largo. I'm hoping this trip doesn't get cancled, 'cause I'm darned excited about it. If anybody has any insider info, I'd love to hear what I might be able to expect...seas, vis, ect...

conditions look great for this weekend, winds 5 to 10 kts and scattered to islolated storms. this past weekend we had 50 to 70ft of vis on the duane and molasses reef and water temps between 83 and 85f. light current. have fun,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

empyre180:
Hi all!
Does anyone have an idea of the conditions I might expect in Key Largo this weekend (July 24/25)? I'm supposed to be doing my AOW dives, out of Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort, under the excellent tutelage of Bill Dent and Ben Meister of USF. We'll (hopefully) be diving the Duane, some reef action, and the Benwood for our night dive. It's quite the deluge here in Tampa, as has been the trend of late. I checked weather.com and it looks like scattered T-Storms Sat. and Sun. in Key Largo. I'm hoping this trip doesn't get cancled, 'cause I'm darned excited about it. If anybody has any insider info, I'd love to hear what I might be able to expect...seas, vis, ect...
It's unlikely that your trips will be "rained-out" or "blown-out", although night dives are more likely to be cancelled due to inclement weather. The water has been pretty choppy on the outskirts of the storm cells, but the diving has been excellent nonetheless... GREAT viz, WARM water, and LOTS of critters... enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom