Kentucky Piranha Patrol, Add your favorite dive spots to our directory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Along with the launch of the ScubaBoard Portal, ScubaBoard has added several new features to our website including The InsideScubaC.om Directory. InsideScuba is a directory of commercial dive operators/shops but also a place to post and find dive spots around the world. Since this is a new service we are starting at the ground and that’s why we need your help! Since you are on this board odds are you dive and you probably dive often at one or more amazing sites, sites which belong in our directory! So, if you have a moment please head on over to our add a listing page and submit your latest dive spot to our directory so other divers can get a head start on picking their next destination!

Thank you for your continued involvement with the ScubaBoard community!

Which category would Gilboa Quarry fit? It's certainly a dive spot, but it's also Mike Williams's business. I didn't see a listing, but the wasn't sure if "Dive Spot" is supposed to be "location" independent from "operator" (which of couse isn't separable for a quarry).

-Rob

I have done some training dives at both Dive Cerulean & Pennyroyal SCUBA Blue Springs. Cerulean (near Dawson Springs, KY) is shallow (35') and nicely warm in the summer. Viz tends to get poor in the summer when there are lots of divers (it gets stirred up easily). There are quite a few things to see at the bottom (rock crusher, cabin cruiser, cars & so on). Entry is by stairs, shore or giant stride from the edge. Entry fee is $20. No boats or fishing allowed.
Pennyroyal SCUBA Blue Springs is very nice. It is just outside of Hopkinsville, KY. It has a depth of up to130'. It does tend to stay very cold below 50'. You will need a 7mm suit for deep dives (even in mid summer). The viz is fair, as it is a bigger quarry than Cerulean. There are many attractions to see. To name a few there is a helicopter, 1940's fire truck, bus, motorcycles, cars, cabin cruisers and even a porta- potty (you never know when nature may call- LOL). The equipment staging area is nice because it is shaded & has tables at just the right height that most people of average size can just slip into into the BCD! Entry is from shore (wading) or giant stride from a couple of docks. There is also a small snack stand that cooks burgers & hot dogs during the summer. The staff is very friendly & helpful. Entry fee is also $20. There is also no boats or fishing allowed here either.

im a intro to cave diver from florida looking for into to cave and cave divers to dive with and open water and cave dive sites in my area i moe to dunmore kentucky 42339 i would love to get in the water asap i also would like to know where can i get air out here mirrocraft@aol.com

Dix River tailwaters to the small rapids then through transition about 1/2 mile before rapids towards the Ky. river where water goes from green to crystal and also from warm to Slap-***** cold. Albino Catfish, Gar 4ft.+, trout and Ky. Piranah. Visibility...50+ ft. year round. Temp. 40-55year round. Never warmer than 55.

Water gets shallow at points...John boats (flat bottom) with light engine and canoes only.

Some sportsmen like myself frequent there with my rods. Beware... plenty of fishing to be taken advantage of here. Brown trout can get large....Biggest Rainbow I've caught is maybe 2-3 lbs....so small...

Takes me 2 hours solo to get up there by canoe and 1 hour and 45 min. to get back. John boat with 5 hp takes 45 up and 45 back. Takes about 5 minutes to get out and pull boat thru the 30-40 ft. of small rapids.

Boat launch at Highbridge...3 bucks for canoe or yak and 5 bucks with something that takes fuel.

Dix River tailwaters to the small rapids then through transition about 1/2 mile before rapids towards the Ky. river where water goes from green to crystal and also from warm to Slap-***** cold. Albino Catfish, Gar 4ft.+, trout and Ky. Piranah. Visibility...50+ ft. year round. Temp. 40-55year round. Never warmer than 55.

Water gets shallow at points...John boats (flat bottom) with light engine and canoes only.

Some sportsmen like myself frequent there with my rods. Beware... plenty of fishing to be taken advantage of here. Brown trout can get large....Biggest Rainbow I've caught is maybe 2-3 lbs....so small...

Takes me 2 hours solo to get up there by canoe and 1 hour and 45 min. to get back. John boat with 5 hp takes 45 up and 45 back. Takes about 5 minutes to get out and pull boat thru the 30-40 ft. of small rapids.

Boat launch at Highbridge...3 bucks for canoe or yak and 5 bucks with something that takes fuel.

OH This sounds very cool! If you ever need someone to go along this summer I would be game. I have my own canoe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom