Kelvin Grove Vis? / Re-Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

One of the two reasons I posted this thread, was to see if anybody's been to Kelvin Grove or Porteau in the last week or two, and if so, what was the visibility like? I haven't been since the first week of December, so I'm hoping it's cleared up a bit
04.gif

Secondly, I thought I'd take the chance to "re-introduce" myself on the forums, because it's been awhile since I've been on here. My name's Hunter, some of you miiighhtt? know me from Langley Diving, I've worked there for awhile, so it's possible you've wandered into the shop and I've met you. I'm also hoping a few of you I had the pleasure to dive with a few years back are still kicking around (Dale, Mike, Gabriel, John, are you there?
eyebrow.gif
). It's been far too long, and the "itch" has been driving me nuts.

I look forward to meeting anyone new I hadn't had a chance to meet before, from what I can see, the Western Canada section of the forums is still alive, which is great.
526.gif

Take care,

Tersch (Hunter)

Hi Tersch (Hunter) it is good to see that you are back into diving. I dove Kelvin on Thursday and the vis was good, easy 30' plus. We had gone left from the stairs.

And yes we are still kicking around and diving. We all will have to hook up for a dive.

I dove Kelvin on Thursday and the vis was good, easy 30' plus. We had gone left from the stairs.

Right on, it was maybe 10' when I went out, so 30' plus should be a treat.

& absolutely! We definitely should.

Porteau was an easy 30 on Sunday Jan 19th,,,but COLD as hell,,,40 F at depth, coldest Ive seen it in a long time

Porteau was an easy 30 on Sunday Jan 19th,,,but COLD as hell,,,40 F at depth, coldest Ive seen it in a long time

I can suck up the cold, as long as the visibility is good :cool2: Thanks for letting me know though.

Whytecliff was probably 20'-30' last night. Vis has been good this winter so far, but the top 30 feet is brutally cold. Deco stops are not fun at the moment ...

Hi Hunter, welcome back. Are you still diving wet or do you have that nice Santi???
I would like to do a dive with you soon.

Thanks, Dale. I've moved onto a dry suit, no more wet (don't regret it). I've been renting from the shop for awhile, the Santi's currently being adjusted to fit me, not sure when it'll be ready. Hopefully soon! We should all go out for a dive, exams are just about done, so I'll be free after that.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 01:00 AM ----------

Hi Hunter! I'm not on here too often anymore. Definitely have to get out for a dive soon. John

Hey John. Sounds good buddy, next time you're in the shop, we can work a date out.

It's that stream that comes in over the stony beach. Pretty sure it's all snowmelt off of the mountain. At the closest buoy I read 45F, and where I exited near the mouth of the stream it was 40F. Could've stayed down another 20 minutes probably but my buddy was chilled to the bone so we turned it.

Back
Top Bottom