Keeping the AIR 1 in service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Another James79 accomplishment, the AIR1 dive/predive switch, this AIR1 had an old type lp seat but since I had it open I put a poppet with the 104 oring seat in it, it breaths so nice it could almost serve and an iron lung. The fit of the screws is having me lean toward it not needing the external sticker or any other seal, if you need an oring replacement on the switch this removes the fear of breaking the switch clips, sort of a hybrid pilot/AIR1 set up.
304980FB-A1EB-4AAF-9503-D4D28DFC05C3.jpeg
40487F6A-BBE3-4DD8-9D83-BB25AD7D205B.jpeg
C754951E-9A08-4D55-892B-E9144336016D.jpeg
11575B89-2D25-4C0E-9A20-ED8D55E1E855.jpeg

For anyone excited by this, I'm waiting for responses from guinea pigs (I mean beta testers) before I offer these up for sale. So far the design looks good, but I'm waiting on in water testing to be sure I didn't set the main o-ring groove too deep, and that o-ring sealing the screws is sufficient to keep it water tight.
As Lex says, though, colors are only limited by the filament I have (currently blue, black, red, and orange ABS. I need to get my PETG print settings ironed out and then I'll have clear and translucent red as well).

blue... like SP Blue?
QUOTE]

Ironically, I only own scubapro gear in chrome... So I don't know? Attached is a picture of one I printed in the blue I have.
20210327_160722.jpg

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom