keeping bc's looking new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRR@PA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello all,
have a dragon and kaila on the way. One question our instructor had a mares that looked new after 25+ dives. won't see him for a while so here is my question.Is there a spray to use on a bc to keep that jet black new look?
any advice on upkeep would be apriciated.
thanks

Rinse well, keep out of the sun and never take it into a chlorinated pool. You can also spray armour all on the hoses, if you like.

BC Life is a product by McNett that is designed to clean the junk out of your BC's bladder... it contains silicone to condition the bladder, and also does a good job keeping black neoprene and nylon looking black.

The product's label says you can use it to rinse the exterior of your BC, too, and it does a good job.

I will sometimes pour a capful in a gallon of water and shampoo my wetsuit inside and out with it... keeps it looking new, too.

hello all,
have a dragon and kaila on the way. One question our instructor had a mares that looked new after 25+ dives. won't see him for a while so here is my question.Is there a spray to use on a bc to keep that jet black new look?
any advice on upkeep would be apriciated.
thanks

Hi,

The Dragon BCD is constructed of a color fast material to greatly reduce fading and discoloration with use. While ultimately the elements if left to their own devise will take a toll. Proper care as described above; reducing exposure to direct sunlight, chemicals (chlorine etc.), diligent fresh water rinsing, etc.. will minimize these effects and your new bcd will last and appear new for a long time to come. :)

Enjoy your new toys!

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom