Kayaks- Tarpon 120 vs the Scrambler XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoupart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey,
I'd really like to get into kayaking and kayak diving and wonder if anybody out there has some experience and could give me their opinions.
Basically I'm looking at 2 models- Ocean Kayak's Scrambler XT and the Tarpon 120. Does anybody know much about either, or have experience with diving off of it?
I'd really appreciate any replies!
Thanks,
Jason

shoupart:
Hey,
I'd really like to get into kayaking and kayak diving and wonder if anybody out there has some experience and could give me their opinions.
Basically I'm looking at 2 models- Ocean Kayak's Scrambler XT and the Tarpon 120. Does anybody know much about either, or have experience with diving off of it?
Thanks,
Jason
The Scrambler XT is popular. If Wilderness Systems still makes their model called "The Ride" I would take a hard look at one if possible. I think it's a much nicer and more stable boat than the XT while being about the same size.

Note longer narrower boats like a Necky Dolphin or OK Scupper Pro will be better for longer paddling distances.

I just checked, the Ride is still in production. http://www.wildernesssystems.com/kayaks/sot/ride.php

Ralph

shoupart:
Hey,
Thanks,
Jason
I have no expirience with the tarpon but I do recomend the Scrambler XT. It's a stable platform, light, cheap, easy to carry around and there are lots of nice options available. Dive yaking is an awesome way to add to your skill set (mmmmmmm do I see a new PADI distintive specialty?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom