Kayak Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a search on scubaboard on kayak diving and it seems most of you use hard shell kayaks for you diving needs but...

I dive from a small car and dont intend to use a kayak much so is one of those trident inflatable kayaks an affordable option. I have one perticular site that I want to get to regularly and its only 5 or 6 hundred meters away and I have swam to it but that sucks most of the time. The structure is in 80+ feet of water so diving from shore to it isnt an option really.

Can I get some opinions from owners of inflatable kayaks. Thanks

Usually the hard shell sit on top kayak is affixed to the vehicle with a Yakima or Thule roof rack. N

Maybe Gilligan can help you.....He's an avid kayak diver in Hawaii.........

I have yet to invest in a roof rack setup but yeah I thought of that.

I owned a Trident 2 seater inflatable for a year and found it great....easy to use....plenty of space and easy to inflate,,,sold to a gal in Canada for some additional tech gear.

i bought a seaking 300 bought a nice eletric motor and it fits in my civic but then agian all my diver gear ends up in the back seat instead..

So its pretty big even when deflated. How about ease of diving from, can you get back on the inflatable ones like the hard shell, is there ample space, are they durable, etc? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom