Kauai Tiger Shark Encounter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VERY COOL!

I've seen a few diving just outside Honokohau Harbor, Kailua-Kona. They come in to eat the scraps of game fish cleaned at the weigh station there.

M

Good to see one. How common is it to see tiger sharks diving Hawaii? Are there places people go to see them with decent reliability? I ask because I associate tiger sharks with Hawaii, but I don't see Hawaii put forth specifically as a destination to go see tiger sharks.

Richard.

Richard... Tiger Beach in the Bahamas.

A few years ago we had a 13' great white in our dive park thanks to a boat anchored illegally right on the boundary line that was cleaning fish.

Thanks to EXPLORE KAUAI SCUBA for making this happen!!! Nick and Jessie you guys are awesome!! While these encounters are incredibly rare......Having an amazing time with these guys is the norm!

Good to see one. How common is it to see tiger sharks diving Hawaii? Are there places people go to see them with decent reliability? I ask because I associate tiger sharks with Hawaii, but I don't see Hawaii put forth specifically as a destination to go see tiger sharks.

Richard.

Been seeing them pretty regularly at Honokohau Harbor as Scuba Lawyer said. Rough guess 50% of time.

very cool...thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom