Kauai Snorkel and Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smnovick

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Kauai for first time at end of January. Wife is pregnant so won’t be diving, but is anyone aware of any operators that offer something where she could snorkel while I dive?

Have found Blue dolphin offers a joint trip, but they don’t allow pregnant women on their boats.

Thanks

Fathom Five guides at Koloa Landing south in Poipu. It's a shore dive.Possibly Seasport does also.

At Koloa you park 20' from the entrance - it's an old boat ramp. Koloa is arguably one of the best dives on Kauai.

I dove with Seasport - out of Poipu. The south sites are calmer - IDK if either outfit will let her on the boat though - I sort of expect that's policy at all the shops.

I did several of the name sites and the only one I can recall having something to snorkel might be Sheraton Caverns since some of it is fairly shallow. She'd still mostly be on the surface looking down though.

This time of year diving shuts down in the north - till April - since it's too rough so Tunnels Beach may not be an option.

Aloha! I don't think any boats out here will allow anyone that is pregnant. While we ("Explore Kauai Scuba") allow snorkelers to come along, we don't allow anyone that is pregnant on our boat either. Not only does our insurance not allow it, it's just not worth a simple loss of balance and a fall on the deck to make a fun day go bad quickly. Funny story, I've had a lady trying to hide the "surprise" until the perfect time, well that ended up being dock side that morning when she whispered her secret to me, she had to spill the beans to hubby! SURPRISE! They were cute and happily went to breakfast to celebrate instead.

Like diversteve said, Koloa Landing would be a great location to get a dive in and she could easily slip in if conditions are mellow, which in January usually are super nice. I would still suggest her going in with a buddy though for safety reasons(slippery entrance, etc).

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be glad to help.

Fathom Five guides at Koloa Landing south in Poipu. It's a shore dive.Possibly Seasport does also.

At Koloa you park 20' from the entrance - it's an old boat ramp. Koloa is arguably one of the best dives on Kauai.

Awesome dive, you might see Monk Seal.

I can go on and on about the wildlife at Koloa Landing. A big thing right now is a big school of big eye scad are hanging out which is bringing in bigger predatory fish, such as kawakawa tuna, amberjack, giant barracuda, and trevally to name a few the main ones. In my signature click on the instagram link, a handful of the pictures were taken at this site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom