Kauai shore dive from cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elorfindor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Aloha. I am going to be on Kauai coming in on the Carnival Radiance 10/20/2024. The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:30 AM and departs at 4:00 PM. I have not been able to find dives available that I would be able to get in and back to the ship on time; as beautiful as Hawaii is, I don't want to get stuck! 😉
I am a fairly new but confident (not cocky) and competent diver, with currently eleven dives (it will hopefully be fifteen by the time I arrive as I have scheduled dives on Maui and Oahu) post-PADI OW certification, and have my own gear minus a tank. I am also certified for nitrox.
Thank you,

A couple of years ago we had a planned cruise stop at Kauai with a similar port time. I had reserved a rental car near the cruise terminal, then planned to drive to Koloa Landing for a two tank dive. I had arranged a private DM with a dive shop in the Koloa Landing area because I had no dive buddy and could not get to the dive shop in time to meet their departure. We canceled that cruise for a dedicated Polynesia cruise, but feel confident the original plan was doable.

A couple of years ago we had a planned cruise stop at Kauai with a similar port time. I had reserved a rental car near the cruise terminal, then planned to drive to Koloa Landing for a two tank dive. I had arranged a private DM with a dive shop in the Koloa Landing area because I had no dive buddy and could not get to the dive shop in time to meet their departure. We canceled that cruise for a dedicated Polynesia cruise, but feel confident the original plan was doable.
That may be the route I have to take, because I'm coming up against a lot of barriers between the time the ship docks and the times that a shop goes out for a dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom