Kauai dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have suggestions on who to book with on Kauai HI

Here's a string recommendation for "Bubbles Below" on Kauai. Linda Marsh runs a great operation! Their web site is http://www.bubblesbelowkauai.com. I would suggest making reservations as soon as you can as they only take out small groups and tend to fill up early.

staying near Poipu

The Kaimanu (Bubbles Below's boat) leaves out of Port Allen which is about 20 minutes from Poipu--well worth the drive.

thanks for the info

I agree with WileEDiver. Seasport will be the closest to you but I don't recommend them. You'd be better of with Bubbles Below.

A couple of tips on diving in Kauai:

1) Boat diving is a ripoff there. I did one day of boat dives and cancled the rest. I saw nothing on the boat dives that I couldn't see from shore dives. Rent a tank and some weights and hit the road.

2) Best shore dive: Tunnels Beach. The downside is that it is on the north side of the island near Hanalei (cute town) and it is only diveable during the summer. Call or ask someone before you head up there to dive as it's either a place to surf or a place to dive depending on the conditions :(. It has some great formations. Look up into the "tunnels" to find reef sharks taking a nap. (Between dives snorkle over the top of the reef and look down through the holes to find the same sharks :)).

3) Definatly make the trip to Ni'ihau. Take dramamine wether you usually get sick or not, it's a rough trip, but the diving is worth it without a doubt. Monk seals love to play with the divers and there is a great wall there.

James

Back
Top Bottom