Kauai Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broadreach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I'll be in Kauai next week 10/18 to 10/26 and looking to do some diving. I've talked with one of the local shop and will probably join them for a few trips (Mana Crack and Niihau, weather permitting).

But it would also be nice to do some shore diving early morning or evening while spending the day with my non diving family. If anyone local or visiting is around and interested in joining please let me know.

I'm fairly experienced in both cold and warm water environments, but this will be my first visit to Hawaii. I'm looking forward to some warm clear water.

Thanks!

Be sure and do some shore dives at Koloa Landing. It's an easy entry and there is a lot to see.

Where are you staying on the Island? I was there last year and I would definitely recommend Koloa Landing because it is super easy. Also look into tunnels beach. Niihau is supposed to be amazing but remember that October is coming up on the end of the season. We used Kauai down under for beach dives and liked them. Also went into Seasport divers shop in Poipu. They are super friendly.

Thanks for the tips. I'm staying in Poipu. One dive shop I spoke with said they no longer dive Koloa. I wonder why.
Commercial operators are now required to have a permit to conduct tours off the shore. Some companies have not secured a permit. Koloa Landing is an awesome dive site and diveable most the year.

That's too bad. It sounds like it is a simple dive to do without hiring a guide, right? As long as I can find a dive buddy I guess.
Pretty easy place to navigate. Always get a better tour when guided....they know where to go and where to find the animals. Because of surf on north its not the right time to dive Tunnels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom