Kauai: 14 day quarantine reissued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KauaiScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Aloha,
I figured I'd just throw this on here if anyone is thinking about Kauai in the near future. Our mayor got clearance from our governor to re shut our island down to mandatory 14 day quarantine. The other HI islands have not changed, as of yet anyways.

We look forward to seeing bunch of you when this all passes! Everyone be safe and A Hui Hou!

-Nick

Effective 17 DEC 2020 the quarantine for Kauai has been lowered to 10 days based on CDC guidance.

Its no joke either, the National Guard talks to your neighbors and offers incentives to turn in newly arrived quarantine folks if they are caught breaking quarantine! The National Guard will also do periodic un-announced health & welfare checks & verify occupant with photo ID.

This on top of volunteering for digital tracking via daily check in from a smart phone.

We have 1 day and a few hours left of quarantine, then we are released.

~Will

Gov. Ige approves Kauai's "resort bubble" testing program allowing visitors to take post-arrival COVID-19 tests

Fellow divers, what are your opinions on this? Would you do the pre test, then 3 day resort bubble, test again negatively and then free to roam the island aka dive? I'm just wondering if we should attempt to be open and ready.

Pre test 150 x 4, wait three days, post test 150 x 4, 1200 out of pocket, 4 days left in week off, and lots of local people uncomfortable with tourists (for good reason). And if anyone is positive, I’ll have to quarantine and not be able to get back home to work on schedule. I’ll wait with my family until everything settles down.

Pre test 150 x 4, wait three days, post test 150 x 4, 1200 out of pocket, 4 days left in week off, and lots of local people uncomfortable with tourists (for good reason). And if anyone is positive, I’ll have to quarantine and not be able to get back home to work on schedule. I’ll wait with my family until everything settles down.

Great response, Mahalo! It's exactly what I figured most people will think. Very understandable. I refuse to travel right now too until this is all back to normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom