Kasai Village Moalboal - question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
The only posts in the forum about this resort are from a few years ago.
Did somebody dive with them recently? still good?

They are still good. Hi quality in all aspects, just a bit far from the main area of Moalboal for some people.

I posted this under a separate thread but I think it was your question the same.

I think the online reviews of Kasai are largely accurate. The diving and divemasters are good. The shop has rebreathers, doubles, stages etc. if you're into that, or rec setups including bp/wing or jacket style. Our boat has largely been 4-6 divers split with 2 DMs. I've seen most other boats cruising with around 12 divers...this could be a fluke, but unsure. For better or worse, Kasai's dive schedule seems to start later than any other shop which makes for a later day, but then I have yet to see other divers in the water except for the sardines dive. The house pier extends almost all the wall to the depth drop off. Snorkeling is easily accessible regardless of tide level thanks to the pier. I'd be happy to dive to the house reef any day. The food is okay but not great. The resort is quiet and/or isolated depending on your perspective. It's about a 20min walk or 5min tricycle (170 php) to the bulk of the other dive shops, bars etc. The rooms are fairly good and huge. The showers are also huge but with a horrible shower head.

Do they rent tanks for unguided shore dives on the house reef? I don't see that as an option on the website.

Thanks

Yes, I did a dusk/night dive last night like that to see the Mandarin fish.

I can't recall the price, but they don't give a sizable discount to go without a DM. They are charging more than a simple tank rental fee if I understood correctly and I have all my own gear. I guess I'll see on checkout.

Dusk/night dive for Mandarin fish on the house reef without guide is quite a difference from just renting a tank and gone somewhere else on your own!

Dusk/night dive for Mandarin fish on the house reef without guide is quite a difference from just renting a tank and gone somewhere else on your own!

I wasn't talking about venturing off into lala land alone. But, looking at the videos it seems like there is a nice reef right on property. Was wondering if they let buddy groups rent tanks and dive the house reef, and how much that costs.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom