Kaiser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone had any experience with Kaiser and international dive incidents. I was able to confirm that they will cover emergency visits and air/ground ambulance transfers. Still working on hyperbaric coverage. Thank you

International Travel: Kaiser Permanente generally doesn’t pay providers outside the United States directly. If you get emergency or urgent care, you’ll need to pay the bill yourself. In many countries, providers require payment before giving care. Costs can be high, so be ready to cover any unexpected costs.

You have to file a claim for reimbursement afterwards. Without DAN insurance, that means a high limit CC is required before they treat you in the chamber. Whereas if you have DAN, chambers are used to dealing with them and DAN will make the arrangements to get you treated ASAP.

You have to file a claim for reimbursement afterwards. Without DAN insurance, that means a high limit CC is required before they treat you in the chamber. Whereas if you have DAN, chambers are used to dealing with them and DAN will make the arrangements to get you treated ASAP.

We can cover the credit card expenses and deal with later reimbursement, but would be nice to not have too. Do you know if DAN would cover co-pays and deductibles/out-of-pocket plan costs? That would make it useful and easily pay for itself.

I wouldn't expect a delay in care based on DAN/not DAN. That would be negligent

Standards of medical care and urgency can vary greatly in different countries.

Standards of medical care and urgency can vary greatly in different countries.

Understand and agree. My wife and I are both in medicine and have provided care in the third world. In those circumstances I would think DAN vs No DAN would not matter.

Regardless, the ease and no significant expense will probably win out on the additional coverage.

We have been diving since 1993 and have never given much consideration to medical coverage. Sign of age I guess with thinking about such things:-o

Back
Top Bottom