Kaila BC with MRS plus weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl1972

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought this BC online and I love it, except that I can't seem to find the trim weight pockets. My instructor looked at it and he didn't see them either. I read somewhere that they're supposed to be located on the tank strap, but there is nothing there. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Disregard this question! After turning the thing upside down and doing a little digging, I found the pockets. Whew, those little suckers are well-hidden :D

Hi,

I've been in the market for a new bc (I have an old Seaquest that's showing its age)and was wondering what you thought of it- have you been able to check it out yet?
Thanks!

Hi Divergal65! I have used the Kaila BC and really like it. Keep in mind, I'm fairly new to diving and I don't have much to compare it to other than a rental BC used for my first 4 dives. The things I really like about it are:

The fit - it molds perfectly on my curvy figure. Very comfortable!
The padding on the back that provides a layer of protection from the tank
The tailbone flap (which I haven't used yet, but might if I use a longer tank)
It dries quickly and has a comfortable fleece lining
Good floatation on the surface

Minor "cons":
It's a little heavier than average
The pockets are huge, but I sometimes have a hard time getting into them because of the angle

I would definitely buy this again if I stay with the jacket-style bc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom