K2 Marine Frontier 2104 as a dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nferra2

Registered
Reaction score
I am boat shopping, and I am leaning towards the K2 Marine Frontier 2104. It is listed as a 21' boat however is bigger than most 22' boats and has more deck area than a lot of 23' boats.

It is mainly going to be a fishing boat, but I would like to be able to use it as a dive boat also.

Any thoughts or challenges using this type of boat as a dive platform. How about modifications that would make the boat more dive friendly?

From pics on Google images it looks like it has a lot of storage up front which could make for good seating when suiting up. You'll want to pay attention to the swim latter and make sure it's sturdy. I don't have a fresh water washdown pump on my boat (Tiara 3100 Opeen) but I wish I did. Tank holders in front of the console looks like it might work well. Sweet boat.

Your link is not live. I guess If I could guide you more on this but only after seeing the pic of your boat.

Back
Top Bottom