K valve Oring Durometer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belairbrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Generally 90 is used in high pressure locations and 70 in low.

But ready through other threads and some websites I see 70 listed for the valve to regulator connection on Yoke valves.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

They both work. The 70 will seal easier but also flatten out faster and need to be replaced due to leaks. The 90 may not seal imperfections as well but last longer.

I wouldn't agonize over it too much.

90 is usually a better choice for high differential pressure such as a tank neck o-ring or valve to regulator interface, so if you're going to buy some, that would be the way to go. If you only have the 70 as rjack said above, no big worry.

Edit to clarify: I would not use a 70 for a tank neck o-ring because an extrusion there would be more than a minor inconvenience. Basically any o-ring that is easy to access-don't sweat it. Conversely, if it's internal to a regulator, tank valve, etc., go out of your way to use the correct hardness.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom