JVC Picsio / Ike Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phillybob,

You can order new bayonet adaptor #9306.85 ($50.00 retail) through any Ikelite dealer. We should start shipping by the end of this month (2/10).

Regards,

Again, another big thanks to Indian Valley Scuba and Scuba Basics for going above and beyond ordinary customer service and offering me such generous assistance in resolving my problem.

Dave @ Indian Valley Scuba, the lens arrived today! Awesome job! Thank you so much. I am pleased with your attention to detail and the fast turn around of my order. It was delivered in LESS than 24 hours! You have saved the memories of my upcoming dive trip for sure!!

We hope to dive with you group in the future. Take care! - Georgiadaybreak

Phillybob,

You can order new bayonet adaptor #9306.85 ($50.00 retail) through any Ikelite dealer. We should start shipping by the end of this month (2/10).Regards,

Thanks Brett, but I've gone in a different direction. I bought a Canon SD980IS and an Ike housing. The Canon shoots H.D. video and the native lens is 24 mm. No need for an add-on w/a lens.

If you are using the Pro 8 light in depths of 40 feet or so....is the color correction lens needed? What about more shallow depths with the light as well?

Thanks !!!

Hello TinTrains,

When you are using a light such as the Pro 8 light, it fills in all the missing colors of the spectrum so no filtering is necessary.

When you are shooting at shallower depths, without supplemental lighting, that is when you need a filter to essentially replace those natural colors that have been absorbed by the water column.

But again, if you are using a light, you are replacing the colors, so not an issue.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom