Juvenile Batfish video from CoCo View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A short video of a juvenile Batfish I took at Coco View Resort. The little guy was found in the sandy area, about 12 meters from the 5 meter safety stop (Towards the wreck). It was about 11x10mm. Sorry about the poor lighting. I didn't even think to use the aiming light on my strobe. This was the first time I've used the camera for video.

The sandy area near Prince Albert never ceases to amaze me. There are so many critters in an area that you'd never expect them to be.

Here's a photo of the little guy, and the video:

Juvenile Bat Fish, Roatan Honduras - YouTube

IMG_2879.jpg

I really wish the video had come out better:shakehead:. None the less, it was an exciting find for me. I can't take absolute credit for finding the Batfish. Another couple, who were shooting photos and video for Reef I.D., had found it the day before and told me the general location. A slow and methodical search came up aces.

Back
Top Bottom