Just wondering how everyone stows there slr when not using it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean underwater I am guessing. I almost always have my hand on it for most of every dive, but I clip it to my BC with a nylon coil so that if i need both hands, I can let it drop. I used to attach it to the nylon coil with a zip-tie on the handle of the housing but once it broke while I was on the line doing a safety stop. Luckily one of my buddies was right below me and he caught it while it was drifting slowly downward. Now I use a small locking carabiner to attach to the housing.
Bill

I drilled a hole in the corner of my tray to accept a stainless split ring. Then I have a coiled lanyard with metal snaps on both ends, one on a D-ring on my BC, the other on the split ring on the tray. I have no clue how you would "stow" a rig, which sounds like a hands-free mode. I too go with the "always in one hand" method unless necessary to use two hands (briefly) for something.

Here in Ft Lauderdale, we frequently do deep diving in high current areas. Doing drift deco, I need to have both hands free, so my camera needs to dangle. I am super-paranoid about my rig coming unattached in 200+ feet of water while I'm doing drift deco for miles. (I saw it happen to someone else once.)

To give me some piece of mind, I use a pair of Dive Rite sidemount bungees on my rig - one on each side attached to the strobe mount points. The sidemount bungees are good - 3/8'ths bungee with a bolt snap on one end, and a quick link on the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom