Just starting...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure if PADI has the bailout tests, but with NAUI, there were alot of tests that I had to be able to hold my breath for awhile. We have the snorkel bailout, for example, and it took me awhile to be able to get my mask/fins off and then get back down to get them all back on in a controlled manner. I just started practicing at Red lights. Basically, start holding my breath at the light and then see if I can hold out until it turned green. After a month of practice I was up to 1min 44secs. Good luck with your course. Just know, the work has just begun once you finish. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

I am not sure if PADI has the bailout tests, but with NAUI, there were alot of tests that I had to be able to hold my breath for awhile. We have the snorkel bailout, for example, and it took me awhile to be able to get my mask/fins off and then get back down to get them all back on in a controlled manner. I just started practicing at Red lights. Basically, start holding my breath at the light and then see if I can hold out until it turned green. After a month of practice I was up to 1min 44secs. Good luck with your course. Just know, the work has just begun once you finish. :)

Carolyn:shark2:

No bailouts in PADI.

However, there is a gear exchange that must be performed u/w while buddy breathing. No breath holding, but good "bubble control" & problem solving while the reg is out of your mouth is a must. :wink:

THe new manual is mainly just standards. All the "blurb" on teaching recommendations is in the "guide to teaching".
Well done H2Obubbles. You'll have a fun course I'm sure and don't worry too much about your stamina. Pace yourself and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom