Just noticed the new forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArizSig

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just noticed we now have our own forum! Even though I've never done any diving in Arizona I'm willing to give it a try. We'll have to get something scheduled.

SWEEEET!
Right on... an Arizona group!

Well... My wife and I and Sandy Lawson are planning to dive Thursday at Lake Pleasant- Vista point. If anyone wants to join up PM me!!!!

Tony.

Just out of curiosity, how many places are there to dive in AZ? My Aunt and Uncle winter in AZ and keep hounding me to come out. Incorporating a dive or two would spark my interest.
FYI, they live in Golden Valley. Anything close?

crpntr133:
Just out of curiosity, how many places are there to dive in AZ? My Aunt and Uncle winter in AZ and keep hounding me to come out. Incorporating a dive or two would spark my interest.
FYI, they live in Golden Valley. Anything close?
The Golden Valley between Kingman and Bullhead city? If so you have Lake Mohave and Lake Mead to dive. Lake Mohave is closer but you would need a boat.
I grew up in Bullhead City and spent most of my time on the river and at the lake.
Robert

robertphillips5:
The Golden Valley between Kingman and Bullhead city?

Sounds like we are talking about the same place.

robertphillips5:
If so you have Lake Mohave and Lake Mead to dive. Lake Mohave is closer but you would need a boat.
I grew up in Bullhead City and spent most of my time on the river and at the lake.
Robert

So what is there interesting to see in either Mohave or Mead? I see a trip to AZ next fall.

crpntr133:
Sounds like we are talking about the same place.

So what is there interesting to see in either Mohave or Mead? I see a trip to AZ next fall.
My little brother still lives in BHC and has dove the lake and river a few times. I don't think there is a whole lot to see in the lake. Just a dive. Mud, some fish, maybe a wreck or two. I know there is some old wreckage at a place called Cabin Cove in Mohave. The river is a fun drift dive, but you need a boat for that to be safe.
I need to make a trip out there soon and get my bro back in the water.

I just noticed this forum too, pretty cool! It's always nice to have a few divers around when your diving in lakes. The more dive flags, sometimes keeps the boat away, maybe.

CB

Underwater Connection:
The more dive flags, sometimes keeps the boat away, maybe.

CB

I'd sure like to do a little education thing at the marina one weekend- hand out flyers about what a dive flag looks like and how far they should stay back etc. I've had a few run ins with partying boaters who don't want to share the lake- The sad part is when the parks and rec guy came he had know idea that there was anything wrong with the guy pulling his boat right up to our dive flag. Always have to be careful surfacing for sure.

Tony.

I could go for that Tony!!! My hubby hasn't ever been diving out there, so he has no clue as to how scary it can get out there with some of those whackos. We'd both be out there if anyone wants to do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom