Just me ? "Ikelite sponsoring Scubaba.com's Underwater POTM feature"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To start of with a quote from Ikelite:

"We're excited to announce that we will be teaming up with Scubaba.com by sponsoring their Underwater Photographer of the Month feature. This partnership will include an educational series aimed at helping divers take great shots, whether they're using a point-and-shoot or a DSLR. Our goal is to demystify underwater photography and inspire budding underwater photographers. To help facilitate this we will be donating a prize to each month's winner.
Scubaba - Photographer of the Month Sponsored by SeaLife Cameras"

Ok, so i thought i would give this a try.. Shared ten low res photos with them as a kinda of a preview, then i got a contract form for signing "Copyright release form for photographers", and a request to fill out an interview form, that's okey... Then they ask for 40-50 high resolution (300dpi) photos. Whats up with that ? i mean, why in 300dpi if it's only for web use??
Doesn't make sense.. Scubaba claims that they need it in high res, 300dpi because they might use some photos in they're header on they're website or other websites.. But as far as i know (i'm no tech head tho), for web use anything other that 72 isn't really necessary ... (And then, 300 or so for prints.)

And to mention, in the contract it states as follow, i quote:

"I grant permission to Scubaba.com *address and stuff** to use photographs taken by me for use on websites or other electronic or any media, including prints, or in other manner desired, without notifying me......."

They also don't take any responsibility for what happens to the photos in the future after they are sent to them..

BTW i don't really know anything about Scubaba, and i'm not here to judge them by any means, but just me who thinks this seems a bit sketchy ?

If you don't like it, don't do it. It is not like you are signing your life away.

Back
Top Bottom