Just made my first purchase!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brocnizer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to do a pool dive with my wife next week to brush up her old skills. She hasn't dove in about 1.5 years. I figure this would make our Keys trip safer in a month and practice some basic skills. I can't wait for the trip. I'm towing my boat down so we are not at the mercy of a charter. Its going to be 8 great days!

Anyway, so after months of questions and the very helpful people on here I made my first purchase. $1400 for the below items. Do you all think it was a fair deal? I got lucky and my wife loved everything I picked out when we tried it on!!! So two of most items!

2 Zeagle Scout BCD

2 Oceanic Alpha 8 CDX5

2 Oceanic Alpha 8 OCTO

2 Oceanic Veo 100 3 Gauge Console

2 Reg Bag

2 DIVE RITE Econo Knife

2 Henderson Thermoprene shorty

1 Mares Full Foot Superchannel Fins

1 TUSA MASK PANO GEO

1 TILOS Splash Snorkel

Last edited:
The most important thing is what YOU think? If you and your wife are happy with what you bought congratulations; you did good!

Have a great time in the Keys. Just got back from there and had a great time. (Next July you and your wife will have to join ScubaBoard's Invade the Keys!!)

Yeah, I'd say you've got yourself some good equipment there. You'll have a lot of pleasure using it.

I'm just glad I listened to all of you and tried on the stuff first, especially the fins and BC. It wasn't an issue for me, but for my wife, the stated sizes were way off. By the numbers she was supposed to fit nicely into a small BC, but a medium was a so much better fit. For the fins, it was the opposite. We had to go down a few sizes to get her comfortable.

:rofl3: That's SO unfortunate!! Which island?

after months of questions and the very helpful people on here I made my first purchase. $1400 for the below items. Do you all think it was a fair deal? I got lucky and my wife loved everything I picked out when we tried it on!!! So two of most items!

Congratulations on your new rig! Sounds like a good deal. You and your wife tried everything on for fit and comfort, got it right to make both of you happy, and that's what's important. Enjoy your trip to the Keys!

Those regulators compare well to some that cost twice as much.

More important is having a sport that you can share with your wife. Not a lot of guys can do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom