just in case...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I use them with my 5050? If so, got a polarizing one?I had Cokin filters years ago and really enjoyed them.

I would say they do not work with the 5050. When I tried using them (just held them up infront of the lens) with my 5050, some did not work, i.e. Rainbow filter - no rainbow in the picture. I'm selling them because I can get a lot of the effects by working with PS or CS....also I am not sure how to attach them in front of the lens as the 5050 doesn't have threads on the lens for the adapter.. Best would be a lens to which you can screw the adapter ring to [DSLR (if you didn't want to bother with processing) or SLR lenses].

I didn't think so but thought there might be a filter holder that worked. Good thing though....probably would be just another goody that I'd never use! :D

leesa would these be A, P or XP filters ?

tooth

justleesa:
I would say they do not work with the 5050. When I tried using them (just held them up infront of the lens) with my 5050, some did not work, i.e. Rainbow filter - no rainbow in the picture. I'm selling them because I can get a lot of the effects by working with PS or CS....also I am not sure how to attach them in front of the lens as the 5050 doesn't have threads on the lens for the adapter.. Best would be a lens to which you can screw the adapter ring to [DSLR (if you didn't want to bother with processing) or SLR lenses].

I don't do a lot of stuff with my 5050 out of the water, but when I bought my system, it came with a bunch of adaptor rings to add wide angle and macro lenses. Should be able to use the adaptor ring and any appropriate step-up ring (if required) to fit the filter holder, I would guess.

Warren_L:
it came with a bunch of adaptor rings to add wide angle and macro lenses.
Hey Warren!

I forgot about those rings (I don't have them). Do you know what diameter they have?

justleesa:
Hey Warren!

I forgot about those rings (I don't have them). Do you know what diameter they have?

The adaptor ring converts it from a 41mm to 52mm thread, and the barrel is long enough so that the lens has enough room to extend when the camera is turned on. So if your filter holder is 52mm (or use an appropriate step up ring) should work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom