Just in case...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
... not everyone may peruse the medical section regularly so I thought I'd pass along some advice I gave to "Mass-Diver" concerning the annoying problem of "water-in-the-ear-canal"

I can usually prevent water entering my ear canal by maintaining a neutral head position under the water. This allows the air in the canal to remain & prevent water from entering. Tilt you head to either side though & the air escapes the canal, allowing water to enter.

I make a considerable effort to keep the water out of my ear canals as I find it takes considerable time to drain back out, all the while subjecting me to that annoying "fullness" in the ear with resultant ( minor ) hearing impairment.

Anybody else use this trick?

Regards,
D.S.D.

i have "dainty" out ear canals, water gets in and doesn't like to come out. used to get swimmers ear regularly until i mixed a solution of vinagar and alcohol and use it if they get filled. the vinagar prevents bactiria and the alcohol reduces the surface tension of the water letting it drain. a few drops in the plugged ear works great. 3/4 alcohol 1/4 vin. is the mix i like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom