Just got my PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some have found lens covers of various designs to cover the front of the housing. I'm still tryinh to find one. Maybe I'll just make one from old neoprene and elastic!

Steve,

You could try a regular 67mm lens cap. It'll fit and snap right onto the lens port ring:)

Allan

wetman once bubbled...
It was just delivered today. What a sweet looking housing. It was much more robust than i was expecting based on some of the pictures i'd seen. I cant wait to get it wet. Very nice all around.

Does anyone use a sky filter or something else with their similar housings to protect the front lense of the housing?

steve

Congratulations.. My PT-015 arrived on Saturday too.. Very cool...Its definitely a serious looking piece of equipment.
Do you have any strobes yet? I'm not sure if I can afford them right now, but I am looking at a nice Ikelite DS125.
How do you like your C5050? Awesome eh? I ended up running all over Ontario trying to get one. Where did you get your housing?

Yep - just got back from the Solomons with it. Verry nice housing.

Needed my housing in a hurry so ordered it from Japan-Direct as the Aussie supplier couldn't guarantee delivery. Randy was excellent and got it to me in 3 days using EMS.

Re: lens cap - yeah, just got a 67mm lens cap and it fitted nicely - though I suspect the springs inside the clasps have rusted already....

Havent had it wet yet, but hopefully soon (pool at least). Can't wait though.

Haven't decided on a strobe yet either.

The C5050 is a bit of joy isn it! Got my housing at underwaterdigital.net. and will likely get the olympus wide angle lens there as well (which i think is my next purchase before the strobe)

steve

Dee once bubbled...
Maybe I'll just make one from old neoprene and elastic!

Dee, why not make a custom Dee rag in the shape of a lens cover? You'll be the only gal on the block with a housing that's color-coordinated with the rest of the attire! :)

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...

Dee, why not make a custom Dee rag in the shape of a lens cover? You'll be the only gal on the block with a housing that's color-coordinated with the rest of the attire! :)

-Roman.

You haven't seen the bag I keep my housing in! :D

Back
Top Bottom