JUST GOT MY 24x35 photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
Just got my 24"x35" photo from the gallery.
Any one in the area interested in big prints I can recommend this guy.

The packing House Gallery & Photography Studio
10900 Oakhurst Rd Largo Fl
#727 596 7822.
That is awesome!!!!
Did you shoot the pic? And what kind of resolution did you need to be able to get it that big?

And does he photoshop them for you too? Or do you need to just bring him the printable file?

I gotta go buy a camera. I want one of those........

pennypue:
That is awesome!!!!
Did you shoot the pic? And what kind of resolution did you need to be able to get it that big?

And does he photoshop them for you too? Or do you need to just bring him the printable file?

I gotta go buy a camera. I want one of those........

I took him the slide and asked "would it go to this size ok" as you can see the answer was yes. He scanned it (forget if it was a 100 or 110 MB file), he said he did very little in PS just a little in touch in control L (dont know what you call it). I also asked him to put my, sig in I supplied this on a disk.
Camera Nikonos V 20mm lens Velvia 50 asa. A S&S ys 60 and a YS 30 strobe
Thanks for the complement, means a lot coming from you Ive seen your photos

cdiver2:
I took him the slide and asked "would it go to this size ok" as you can see the answer was yes. He scanned it (forget if it was a 100 or 110 MB file), he said he did very little in PS just a little in touch in control L (dont know what you call it). I also asked him to put my, sig in I supplied this on a disk.
Camera Nikonos V 20mm lens Velvia 50 asa. A S&S ys 60 and a YS 30 strobe
Thanks for the complement, means a lot coming from you Ive seen your photos
Oh lovey, thanks for the compliment. You must be mistaken. I've only been a dry photographer. I'm looking to change that soon. You're really starting to nudge me back to thinking of film instead of digital. Film, I understand. But throw in the digital, the underwater lighting and then editing them? I'm in over my head. :wink:

pennypue:
Oh lovey, thanks for the compliment. You must be mistaken. I've only been a dry photographer. I'm looking to change that soon. You're really starting to nudge me back to thinking of film instead of digital. Film, I understand. But throw in the digital, the underwater lighting and then editing them? I'm in over my head. :wink:

AND I DON'T WANT TO START A WAR

Film will blow up better than digital and slide film is better than print.
I think the matting and frame help the photo a lot. I was going to go a different way with the matte but he keep et pushing white on white then my wife pushed for it so what can a guy do, this guy knows what he is doing and is very helpful. You should see his gallery I feel about an inch tall every time I go in.
Lighting and adjustments in PS are not that hard, With the Nikonos if you start at F8 subject about 3' away and the size of a basketball you will get good results then you can work on it from there. PS When I started I was frightened to turn the computer on/off I just new I would kill it so if a dumb *ss like me can do it I am sure you can.

cdiver2:
I think I got lucky with this one

Nah, quality work like that doesn't come easy. Both you and the gallery guy did a great job. It's very inspiring for all of the up-and-comers (like me) out there. Something like that would make a great Christmas gift to various family members too, especially the ones that would hang it in pride.

Just out of curiosity, what were the dimensions of the frame and how much did it cost altogether, if you don't mind?

Kriterian:
Nah, quality work like that doesn't come easy. Both you and the gallery guy did a great job. It's very inspiring for all of the up-and-comers (like me) out there. Something like that would make a great Christmas gift to various family members too, especially the ones that would hang it in pride.

Just out of curiosity, what were the dimensions of the frame and how much did it cost altogether, if you don't mind?

PM coming

Very cool! Did you take it in Roatan? or Papua New Guinea? I really like it! So who is the funny looking guy standing next to the picture of the fishes? I think he's probably a nice guy and all, but the picture might have been even better if he wasn't in it! In fact, the picture of the fishes is very nice. You might consider just taking a pic of the fish picture and leaving that guy out altogether.
Cheers,
Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom