Just got certified!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunMari

Reaction score
Whoohooo! Just got back from Key West where my hubby and I completed our SSI Open Water Diver Certification. We had an awesome time. Experienced great weather and calm/warm waters, viz was a little less than great, (15-25 ft) but then again I have nothing to compare it to. Saw lots of fish like nassau grouper, blue parrot, squirrel fish, baracuda and a few moray eels, not to mention a few lobsters too.... mmmm. We both loved it so much that we are allready looking to see what specialty courses we will take next. Any recomendations?

Congratulations, SunMari!

I agree with Uberspeed. Stress and Rescue moved me to a new level. It Lets you know what signs to look for in yourself and others, and coaches you to be calm in an emergency. I thought it was easily worth the money--can't say that about all the recreational specialty courses.

-Bryan

PS Hey, nice picture!

way to go!

and that is a nice pic... but isn't your husband a bit young to be diving?

:wink:

Congrats SunMari. You and your husband are now empowered to enjoy nature at its best. As far as further training, I will agree that what SSI calls Stress and Rescue (PADI calls it rescue diver) is one you must have. I believe, however, that what makes you a better diver is to dive, dive, dive. I did my rescue when I had about 65 dives under my weightbelt, and not before I did my nitrox and advanced open water, so when rescue came about, I had experience, and was comfortable with, deep diving, navigation, boat diving, the underwater world, night, peak performance buoyancy, search and recovery, and mixed gas diving. I has, IMHO, made me an even better rescue diver. Just my 2 psi.

Welcome to the club, and I concur with Scubaguy. The best thing you can do is get out and dive. Youll benefit from training most after youve built experience and honed your basic skills.

I concur. Now you and hubby need to get in the water with the rest of us. Watch the private threads and just drop by when you see a time/place that works out for you.

(I dive off of the Hollywood beaches almost every weekend morning, though I'm usually in the water by 0700 and out by 0900, to keep from inpinging on my family time. You guys can join me any time.

Actually, JoeAmit and I were talking about diving Lauderdale By The Sea on Saturday morning. It's a very easy dive, well-suited for new OW divers, and you are invited to join us if you'd like. Again, I have to be in the water early, but I think that there's another group going in a little later from either Datura St. or Hibiscus. If you want more details, just PM me.)

Congratulations on your accomplishment, and on having such a wonderful OW training experience. I hope to see you guys in the water in the near future.

-Grier

:luxhello: Congrats on your new certs. You now have a world of exciting dive ops just waiting for you.

Zuzanne

to the Underworld :eyebrow: water that is...... and congrats on the Certs.

Check in often and get out there with some of us FL Conch Divers and have a good time :colgate:

Wildbill:cop_2:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.... and compliments as well, actually that's my son silly (H2Andy), my hubby just joined the boards as UberSpeed. :) Otherwise known to me as the "smart butt"

HeeHee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom