Just Got Back - Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from a week trip to the Rivera Maya. We stayed at a new resort called the Grand Sirenis. I posted several times trying to find information about this resort and no responses, so I thought I would be the first. This was an A number 1 resort. It just opened in September of this year. I would highly recommend this resort to anybody. If you want details ask. There a just too many things to say about this place - clean, new, all the things you would want, staff very good, etc. They also have a dive shop right on the beach called Aqua-Inn. I took three ocean dives (my first) out of this shop. I was just absulutely amazed - this is what diving is all about. The Dive Master (Roberto) and in fact the entire staff was great and very helpful. Being a newby to ocean diving they took very good care of me.

I talked to many fellow travelers about their stays at other resorts and I have to say, some of the things I heard were not issues at the Grand Sirenis. Many were very jeolous of the things we had and the way we were treated compared to their resorts. If you are looking for a top-notch resort with Diving - again, I highly recommend this resort.

S. Nagel

Nice report on the resort, glad you liked it.

Thanks for the report, it's always nice to get feed back on new spots. I'll pass the info on to those that ask me.

I recently stayed at the Mayan Palace on the Riveria Maya. Excellent resort, diving was also spectacular. Also took a trip over to Cozumel for a day of diving and managed to get my girlfriend (who doesn't swim and is terrified of water) in the ocean snorkeling. She had a blast and the next day tried out scuba in the resort pool! Riveria Maya is awesome.

Sounds like a great trip! It's great to read reports that everything was great! I cannot complain about any of the resorts I've stayed out, however, the dive ops haven't always been the greatest. Not bad, but not great either.

I'll keep this place in mind. Besides I still have to get some cavern dives in with Dennis. I had to cancel on him in August....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom