Just got back from Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Updated information

Sorry I make a typo in my brief trip report. The current speed near Barracuda Point is 5 km/h or so. Not 5 knots.

I love diving Sipadan, just an amazing place to be. However, I must admit the vis has been getting worse lately, so for those who havent been there, better get there quickly. :)

However, the next time I am there, I will do a mixture of staying at Kapalai and Sipadan. Sipadan is good for the pelagics and of course, the dawn dive at 0500hrs to catch the bumpheads is worth it. But apart from that, my group's switch to Kapalai on the second last day was like heaven. That place is a beauty. Imagine, full length windows that open to the oceans with nothing to obstruct your view. Also, clean fresh water after the slightly saulty water in Sipadan was a nice change.

But more importantly, Pulau Sipadan Resort runs a resort in Kapalai as well as SIpadan, this gives you the option of staying both places under the same package!!!
An basically, from Kapalai, you can opt to dive in Sipadan during the day, or head over to Mabul where the macro life is simply amazing !!!!

One more thing is that, it is best to stay either at Borneo divers or Pulau Sipadan resort on sipadan becoz they are closest to the drop off. You dont wish to be too far off when you are doing unlimited shore dives. :)

Back
Top Bottom