Just got back from diving St. Lucia and Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazman7

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to write a little bit about our trip that we just got back from on the Carnival Victory. Here is a a short rundown of our trip my fiance and I just went on.

San Juan- Stayed at the Beach Club hotel in Isla Verde. Learned real quick that next time we will be getting a hotel room in Old San Juan. It cost $20 to go anywhere in a taxi from our hotel. We only stayed there one night and I spent $150 on taxi bills. All of our taxi drivers were rude and when they didnt want to speak to you they just said no speak english. The hotel was a nice place and decent prices located on the beach. The night that we were there they had a bachelor party and I have been around loud music but NOTHING this loud in my entire life. The music cranked from 10:00pm until 3:00am. Personally I didnt much care for Puerto Rico. Rude people, expensive, and kinda shady.. (just my opinion)

Boarded our ship, Carnival Victory.

St. Thomas- took a tour of the island and proposed to my girlfriend. (She said YES!!) :)

Dominica- Dove with Castle Comfort (Dive Dominica) and had a dive master named Kevin. Awesome company and great group of people here. Would recommend them to anybody. Picked us up right at the dock next to our ship, drove back to their dock, we paid, picked up our wetsuits and took off and only drove about five minutes to our first spot. This was an excellent dive. We dove a big reef and seen numerous fish, beautiful corals, sea turtles. I was having a hard time equalizing at first and the dive master was very patient with me. We were the only ones on the boat and in between dives they drove us down the shore and told us a lot about the history of a nearby village. Very knowledgeable group of guys and super friendly.
Roseau was kind of a shady looking place. My fiance told me she didnt really feel safe walking around there so we stayed close to the ship until our dive trip.

Barbados- Went to the beach and did a tour at the Mount Gay Rum Factory.

St. Lucia- We dove with Dive St. Lucia. They picked us up at the dock and then we went over and waited at the Princess Cruise dock for about an hour. I was kinda angry at this point, I wanted to dive and they said that it would only be a couple of minutes, which wasnt really their fault. As soon as the people boarded we drove about an hour away to a spot (which could have been a 20 minute trip if they wouldnt have went 2 mph) where we dropped off the snorkelers and went on our way to their dive shop to get people gear. Once we setup we did a shore dive at Anse Chastanet which was AMAZING! This was my favorite dive ever. Tons of fish, corals. We then got done with that dive and drove around the corner to another spot and did a dive there on more coral and seen some sea turtles. We then drove back to where the snorklers were and they fed us lunch. In the meantime their dive boat broke but they were quick to get us another ride back to our ships. All in all, it was a fun trip and awesome diving.

Antigua- We took a taxi to Spring Hill Riding Club to go horseback riding. Fun time!

St. Kitts- We just had a relaxing day, went into town and did some shopping. THE BAD PART- A woman tried stealing my wallet. I felt a little poke on my rear end and this woman got real close, then I felt a little pull and I turned and looked at her and then she asked what country am I from? Tried making conversation to play it off.. She then kinda took off realizing I knew what she was up too. Luckily I didnt have my wallet in my back pocket at that time.

Overall it was a good cruise except I wouldn't leave from Puerto Rico again. Nothing again Puerto Ricans but you can definitely tell the difference in Americans vs other countries. They are very slow going, dont really know that you walk on the right so others can walk past you, instead of walking down the center of the isles and congregating in groups of 20 everywhere. Some were very rude, budging in lines or letting family cut in line in front of you. Which you get anywhere but our last cruise that left from Miami didnt have this problem.

tazman7,
welcome to this board.
congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
sounds like you had a good sample of diving on a couple of carribean islands.
would you consider going to maui for your honeymoon?
regards,

I think we are going to go to Australia or New Zealand for 10 days...Maybe dive the Great Barrier Reef..who knows.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom