Just got back from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
Just returned from Cozumel.

What a blast.

I saw so many spotted eagel rays-one scared the crap out of me U/W at night-it was right in my face. I was afraid the stinger tail was going to hit me. Dove the north-San Juan-strong, wonderful current.

Saw a nurse shark creeping up behind me on Paso de Cedral.

I did 3 tank boat dives with Pascul's scuba shop. I have dove many times with Pascual. Boat is small but comfortable and fast. Here is the link:

http://viva-cozumel.com/Dive_Shops/pascual/index.htm

The boat out of this shop is FAST. My friend and I were the only ones on the boat!!! We left at 0900 and were back at 1400. My Suunto Cobra dive computer is great and I recommend a dive computer for everyone who is doing multiple day dives.

Next time I go to Cozumel I want to do:

1.Rebreather drift dive starting from southern end and ending at northern end.....underwater all day long.

2. Dive the east side of the island.

3. FOUR tank boat dives. I could have handled another dive each day.

Sad part is that cruise ships are making it difficult for dive shops. Most dive shops are down about 50% from this time last year. This is probably due to the economy but also the Cozumel regulars are skipping Cozumel's cruise congestion for more remote locales.

-Mike

Photos to come.......if they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom