Just got back from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmGoingCold

Contributor
Reaction score
I must say that Belize was by far the best dive trip I have been on. San Pedro was a great town with friendly people. The diving was pretty good right off of Ambergrise Cay and the Blue Hole dive was FANTASTIC!!!

We also did some dives on Turnefee and those were decent as well. For anybody who is considering Belize, I would encourage you to go there and experience the great people, food and diving. I would say that Belize is more friendly to newer divers than Cozumel because most dive sites lack any noticeable current.

We stayed at the Banyan Bay resort which was really, really nice and well priced. We dove with Protech and Amigos del Mar, both of which are first class operations. The Blue Hole is everything that it was hyped to be, and more. The visibility was good, lots of sharks and amazing formations.

WarmGoingCold:
I must say that Belize was by far the best dive trip I have been on. San Pedro was a great town with friendly people. The diving was pretty good right off of Ambergrise Cay and the Blue Hole dive was FANTASTIC!!!

We also did some dives on Turnefee and those were decent as well. For anybody who is considering Belize, I would encourage you to go there and experience the great people, food and diving. I would say that Belize is more friendly to newer divers than Cozumel because most dive sites lack any noticeable current.

We stayed at the Banyan Bay resort which was really, really nice and well priced. We dove with Protech and Amigos del Mar, both of which are first class operations. The Blue Hole is everything that it was hyped to be, and more. The visibility was good, lots of sharks and amazing formations.

Glad Amigo's and Protech treated you right. I've enjoyed diving with them both. Likewise, I've enjoyed the facilities at Banyan Bay. Did you sit through their timeshare presentation and book your free week? Ken :42:

WarmGoingCold:

I've always said...sometimes...of all the countries I've been to.....15 or so...Belize has the friendliest people overall. It's good to hear you liked it. Thanks

I would have to agree with you the people there are very friendly. I took 25 people with me down there and we all had a blast.

WarmgoingCold, you thought the Tuneffe Dives were just OK? I thought they were awesome, especially The Elbow. I did enjoy the Blue Hole as well though, they are both very different types of dives.

Later,
Dive Monkey

Back
Top Bottom