Just got a GoPro Surf Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucas Cordina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys!
So I was just given a GoPro Hd Hero - Surf Edition, and I've just ordered the blurfix lens (should be here in a week :D), but now that I have the GoPro, I realized how absolutely clueless I am with cameras, so what would you think are the basics of videography with a GoPro? Any particular setting for different depths, or any other useful pointers? Basically I'm just looking for someone to give me a kick in the right direction and send me running

Apart from that, I just have the standard Surf edition housing, I don't need to buy any other kind of housing, right? I just needed the flat lens (hopefully blurfix attaches properly to the Surf edition?)

Thanks people :)

Hey guys!

Apart from that, I just have the standard Surf edition housing, I don't need to buy any other kind of housing, right? I just needed the flat lens (hopefully blurfix attaches properly to the Surf edition?)

Thanks people :)

Read up a little, it's not complicated. Maybe start with this topic: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/427129-those-who-have-shot-underwater.html

As of the different versions of the camera (Surf, Motorsports, Outdoors), the camera and the housing are always the same, the only difference between those are the accessories and mounts, so your flat lens will fit. On a side note, GoPro just recently release a Dive Housing (which has a flat lens built-in and a lens protective cover) for $50 USD, cheaper than the third party options.

Read up a little, it's not complicated. Maybe start with this topic: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/427129-those-who-have-shot-underwater.html

As of the different versions of the camera (Surf, Motorsports, Outdoors), the camera and the housing are always the same, the only difference between those are the accessories and mounts, so your flat lens will fit. On a side note, GoPro just recently release a Dive Housing (which has a flat lens built-in and a lens protective cover) for $50 USD, cheaper than the third party options.

Ooh thank you very much! I heard about the Dive housing, but it's not readily available in Europe yet, and to order one from the USA would mean it has to go through customs, which is another week of waiting, and at least a 30euro/36 dollar fee, so it wasn't really worth it, but thanks for clearing things up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom